Tomorrow, October 21st, 2008, is the OWASP & FLOSS Application Security Mini-Conference 2008.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a worldwide free and open community focused on improving the security of application software. - OWASP Website
I am really looking forward to this conference. It look like there are going to be several excellent speakers discussing relevant topics. The registration was simple and the price would be tough to beat. It was $25.
Some of the topics to be discussed are:
- OWASP Enterprise Security API (ESAPI)
- Static Source code Analysis
- Information Security Architecture
- A look at how Phishers are using multiple exploits
- Microsoft Connected Information Security Framework (CISF)
- Something from Richard Stallman
I plan to take notes and I look forward to blogging about the conference and some of the topics. If anyone reading in the Mpls/St. Paul area is interested, it seems registration is still open, though it does say that on-site registration WILL NOT be available, so if you are going to register, do it today.